Apr 7, 2011

It's the final countdown

..now i'm going to have that song stuck in my head.  (Better than Rebecca Black's Friday, which i haven't been able to get out of my head for the past few days..)
But anyway!
Departure for Japan is less than 2 weeks away!  It's crazy, and i'm actually starting to get nervous, but not for the reasons everyone else is about my trip there (i can't count how many times people have asked me "Are you still going there?" "Aren't you worried about what's going on over there?")..  but i figure, hey if my job-hunt fails at least it will have been an expensive exciting adventure! 

My older sister flew back to Boston with the baby nephew last Saturday, and my dad back to Washington on Monday.  He flew down for my little graduation party that was on the 1st and to visit with me before i make that huge leap across the pond, which was nice since he had just bought my plane ticket down to Arizona too.  So, there's just me, my mom, and my little sister in the house again.  And all the dogs and the cat too.

Sunday i went to the Renaissance Festival with a couple good friends of mine, i've known them since about 5th grade, which makes me feel old thinking about it!  Anyway, hadn't been to the Ren Faire for a while, not since mid-high school, so i was really excited to go.  It's always a lot of fun, and to top it off the weather that day was soooo nice too!

 At the entrance

Creepy face bags 

What i look forward to every time- bread bowl with broccoli cheese soup  ;)

Some people in costume- Lady pirates! 

One of the performers we saw, standing on the shoulders of someone in the audience and juggling fire 

One of the really cool birds at the falconry show 

And a falcon (or a hawk? I don't remember) 

The final jousting tournament! 




Some musicians at the exit

Heading out soon to go to a bonfire with a friend. Hope everyone's enjoying their week, the weekend's just a day away! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...