May 28, 2011

Guesthouse and Uni friends

Quite enjoying my stay at the guesthouse.  Last night we had a pot-luck party and everyone cooked/bought something to share.  Very delicious, and everyone here is so much fun.  We're all just hanging out in the common area now and goofing off.  It'll be sad when people start leaving..

 Four of us went to karaoke the other night.  Expensive karaoke.

 The potluck!  Look at all that food!  Only half of the people were at the table at the time though.

Also, on Thursday after i was done with my research-volunteering gig at Kansai Gaidai i was supposed to go to Kyoto to meet a friend.  But i was done with volunteering around noon, and wasn't to be meeting said friend until 5, so i had a lot of time to kill.  I went to the large ampitheatre at the far end of the school, by the cafeteria and McDonald's where all the students gather to eat lunch.  I had a little snack, then just sat and people-watched for a while.  Then, a group of three guys came over and said, 'Hi, are you free now?  We want to speak English.'  I figured, why not?  I had hours to kill.  So they sat down and we ended up talking for over 2 hours.  Their English was very very basic, and they were surprised when i would respond to something they'd say in Japanese to each other.  It was fun, and we ended up meeting yesterday and today as well.  I thought today would be my last day volunteering (but since there weren't enough participants initially the researcher i'm volunteering for decided to extend the study through til Wednesday) so today, they had all brought gifts for me!  One of the three guys couldn't come today but had given his gift to me to one of the other guys to give to me.  It was really nice of them, but we decided we'd meet Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday as well since i'll still be here.  I'm actually kind of glad the study was extended.  Being at KG just makes me think of my UW days, and it's nice to kind of feel like a student again, without the ridiculous amounts of homework, haha.

 Two of the three.  Little freshmen! haha

The cute little gifts they gave me.  I also got a bag of snacks but already ate it all.  :-x

Pretty excited that i get to sleep in tomorrow.  Had to wake up at 6:30 this morning after going to bed at almost 3 to make it to the volunteer thing on time.  Was invited to go to some house-warming party with one of the newbies here at the guesthouse.. i guess he just found a roommate and is moving in to the new flat soon so i guess they're having a little party there tomorrow night.  Should be fun.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...